Essentials of the U.S. Health Care System (5th Edition) – eBook
Essentials of the U.S. Health Care System 5th Edition (PDF) is a concise and clear distillation of the major topics covered in the best-selling Delivering Health Care in America by the same authors. Written with the undergraduate student in mind, Essentials of the U.S. Health Care System 5e is a reader-friendly, well-organized resource that covers the major foundations, characteristics, and future of the U.S. health care system. The textbook clarifies the complexities of health care organization and finance and presents a solid overview of how the various components fit together.
The 5th Edition examines the challenges of access, coverage, and the cost of health care, as well as the future of health care reform — including prospects for a single-payer system — in the context of the Affordable Care Act. Students will gain the necessary tools to understand the unique dynamics of the U.S. health care system within the larger context of global health care.
This thorough revision offers the latest health statistics and coverage of industry trends and changes such as:
- Progress on the implementation of Healthy People 2020 and preparation for Healthy People 2030
- The current status of managed care and our integrated delivery system under the Affordable Care Act
- Recent quality initiatives from private sectors programs and the government to contain health care costs
- Health care workforce challenges driven by the shift from patient-centered care to population health and the need for chronic disease managers
- Socioeconomic and racial disparities in terms of quality of care, access to care, and health outcomes and regional, national, and local programs that address those disparities
- New policies and laws such as the 21st Century Cures Act, The Drug Supply Chain Security Act, and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
PLEASE NOTE: This purchase contains the original Essentials of the U.S. Health Care System 5th Edition ebook in original PDF format. access codes are NOT included.